Events and Meetings
14 September 2017 9.30 - 18.00
Doing Dementia Design
John Lennon Art and Design Building LJMU | Super Early Bird before 1st June £100 Early Bird before 1st July £120 Standard after 1st July £150
Living better with dementia by design
A two day conference organised by Liverpool Dementia Action Alliance to promote the adoption of dementia-friendly principles in the design of all buildings, places and spaces, sharing latest research and developments, aiming to influence public policy, professional practice, education and training.
• plenary sessions led by expert speakers from design, dementia and public policy sectors
• parallel workshops to explore and develop particular topics in detail
• living lab sessions to engage with co-creation of design solutions
• first person accounts from people living with dementia as to why design matters
• exploration of the role technology can play in making places dementia-friendly
• exhibition of related products and services by leading companies and providers
• arts and cultural opportunities to enjoy some of what Liverpool has to offer
Who should attend?
Anyone who designs or commissions, develops or manages buildings, homes and public spaces
Anyone with an interest in policies, regulations or standards for development of the built environment
Anyone who cares about the creation of communities which include rather than exclude people living with dementia
Our two day programme covers a broad range of important topics led by speakers and presenters from design, construction, academic and public policy spheres. There will be contributions from housing, arts, technology and transport industries, best practice demonstrations, hands-on living lab opportunities and throughout there will be the involvement and participation of people living with dementia and family carers. Full programme details (subject to alteration) can be downloaded here
Refreshments will be provided throughout the event, along with a buffet lunch and a complimentary wine reception with an informal chance to meet and share experiences on Day One.
Hear from leading figures in the world of dementia design and related fields. You can find details of some of our principal presenters here.
Our range of workshop options will provide you with a chance to discuss and gain greater insight into a wide variety of areas relating to dementia design. There will be presentations from sector and industry leaders and opportunities to experience engagement tools first-hand. Full Details here.