The resources section of the website is a repository for archival material, downloads and links to sources of information that may be of interest to members of Merseyside Civic Society or those who share an interest in the aims of the Society.
The aims of Merseyside Civic Society can be summarised as follows:
- To stimulate public interest in the enhancement of the quality of life in the city region
- To engage in debate and discussion and conduct research in support of this aim
- To promote high standards of town planning, architecture and design in the area
- To ensure the preservation, conservation, development, improvement and careful stewardship of features of general public amenity
- To seek to safeguard areas and structures of historic and/or public interest
- To strengthen links between interested bodies, such as the Civic Trust and local civic and amenity societies, and communicate shared interests/information via the internet
- To hold occasional meetings, lectures and exhibitions
- To publish reports, books and other relevant material on matters of shared concern
- To represent local interests at public inquiries, and to offer constructive comment on proposed schemes and on other occasions when the above issues are debated.
Use the links above to find what you are looking for. If you have any specific enquiries find the appropriate contact on our Contacts page HERE