Inspiring civic pride in our communities.
Celebrating and protecting the places where we live.
Since 1938 we have helped to preserve the best of the past, like the Albert Dock and the Lyceum, as well as demanding design quality for the future.
Although we admire many of its achievements, we do not live in the past. We believe Liverpool has a splendid future and we want to contribute to making it all the more splendid. While Liverpool is at the hub of our activities, we embrace the whole of the city region and take a concerned interest in its environmental development and regeneration.
Merseyside Civic Society aims
- to stimulate public interest in improving the quality of life in the Liverpool City Region, including through the MCS Awards Scheme;
- to engage in debate and discussion and to conduct research;
- to promote high standards of town planning, architecture and design locally;
- to ensure the preservation, conservation, development, improvement and careful stewardship of features of general public amenity;
- to seek to safeguard areas and structures of historic and/or public interest, and
- to strengthen links between interested bodies, such as Civic Voice and local and civic amenity societies across the City Region.
You may also be interested in:
When it comes to the place we live in, we should be more than just bystanders.
Join to shape our campaigns and be part of a movement of people who care about the future of Civic society on Merseyside.
Preserve the best of the past
By campaigning to conserve Liverpool City region’s rich heritage of building and green spaces.
Promote design quality for the future
By celebrating excellence in planning and design
Support community action
By collaborating with communities and stakholders and representing local interests